commons-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: [jexl] commons website
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 23:15:11 GMT

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 01:49 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 03:29 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 02:51 PM, robert burrell donkin
>> wrote:
>>
>>> i've updated the website.
>>
>> or downdated :)
>>
>> Can we either keep it the way it was, like the commons site, or make
>> the commons site like it?  It's a visual shock to switch between >> them.
>
> sorry about that geir - i couldn't find a jexl.xml in jakarta-
> commons/xdocs so i assumed that you were using maven.
>
> i've copied jakarta-commons/jexl/xdocs/index.html to
> jakarta-commons/xdocs/
> jexl.xml and regenerated the commons site - so hopefully now it should
> be more to your liking.

My liking is just one data point.  I was excited to see jexl promoted
to be with the 'adult projects' :) and went to the commons site, and
then clicked into jexl.  The whole 'feel' changed.  No judgment offered
on the maven look but it was the abrupt transition that got me.

I've been rather busy* lately, and haven't been tracking things - was
there discussion about making the looks of mavenized things to be like
commons, or commons to be like maven, or have I just tossed a match
into something I shouldn't have?

geir

* statement nominated for Understatement of the Year

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)
geirm@adeptra.com