commons-dev mailing list archives

From tobr...@transolutions.net (O'brien, Tim)
Subject RE: [codec] RE: Base64.java
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:38:40 GMT
All,

I think the only blocker to HttpClient using your Base64 class as is, is the
chunking.  I do agree that setting flags on an instance of Baset64 is
preferable to adding a flag in a method signature - but I think that adding
a flag to a method signature would provide get us to a short-term goal and
allow for more immediate reuse.

To this end, I drew up a plan for Base64 -
http://cvs.apache.org/~tobrien/codec/evolve.html

I'm trying to set very small defined and attainable goals for a 1.1 release
which will include Base64 to be shared across XML-RPC and HttpClient.  There
are a lot of good discussions, but I think that "step2" would at least get
us to a point of release.

--------
Tim O'Brien