commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Tag contribution
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:44:42 GMT
From: "Robert McIntosh" <>
> I've been playing around quite a bit with Jelly and I found a need to
> invoke static methods without having an object instance, like InvokeTag
> requires. An example of this would be the System class. So, I created
> one and happily contributing it if it is wanted.

Great stuff - I've wanted to get around this issue too. Adding support for
methods on Class instances in Jexl might be a good idea too.

Patch applied. I made a couple of minor changes, mostly that Class.forName()
is evil...

so I refactored that part of the code a little and migrated the code to the
new checked exception API.

> It is fully JavaDoced, but while I have tested the code that does the
> invocation via other means, I don't have a junit for this tag in

A JUnit test case for this code would be great :)

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message