commons-dev mailing list archives

From "JDL" <dles...@primecard.com>
Subject Enable Jelly XMLParser to return a Script from SAX events
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:36:10 GMT
I've wanted to use Jelly to accomplish some UI processing atop a SAX
pipeline, and find that the only way to accomplish this currently is to
serialize events to a String and wrap the result in an Reader,
InputStream, etc. This is not ideal, and adding this functionality looks
simple.

Looking at the org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser, it appears to
be almost exactly what I need (a ContentHandler), but the "script" field
is marked private, so I cannot extend the class.

It would be nice to be able to use XMLParser to create a Script instance
that could be executed directly. To accomplish this I would:

1. Make XMLParser.startDocument() call ensureConfigured().
2. Add a XMLParser.getScript() method that would return the "script"
field, throwing an exception if it is null.

I am quite new to Jelly-- would such a patch be welcome?

Cheers,
J.D. Leslie <dleslie@primecard.com>