commons-dev mailing list archives

From tobr...@transolutions.net (O'brien, Tim)
Subject RE: [codec] base64 improved....
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:15:43 GMT
Is there such a thing as conceptual dyslexia?  I think I have it..  I left
out a parameter...

Redo those signatures:

public static byte[] encode( byte[] binaryData ) throws EncoderException

public static byte[] encode( byte[] binaryData,
				     boolean addNewline,
                             int errorLevel ) throws EncoderException

* Where errorLevel would be either Base64.IGNORE, Base64.WARN, or
Base64.EXCEPTION

--------
Tim O'Brien

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=rpc-dev@xml.apache.org&m
sgNo=713

So, [codec] now contains an implementation compatible with the xml-rpc
project, and the next step is to reconcile this version with the needs of
[httpclient].

Possible controversy here may be that the RFC was interpreted as requiring a
terminating newline.  The RFC also mentions that a warning or exception
should be thrown when the encoder/decoder encounters invalid characters or
whitespace.  My proposal is that we add a series of boolean flags, int
fields to the method signature to allow client projects to specify different
levels of RFC compliance.

public static byte[] encode( byte[] binaryData ) throws EncoderException

public static byte[] encode( byte[] binaryData, int errorLevel ) throws