commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] ant and html tags still broken in GUMP
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:50:20 GMT
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, James Strachan <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, James Strachan <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Its an Ant issue.
>>
>> I doubt so, more probably a classloader issue.
>
> Could be. I could reproduce the bug by switching the Maven build
> from Ant 1.5.1 to CVS HEAD, so figured it was Ant related. I wasn't
> trying to finger point or anything,

That wasn't my interpretation either, don't worry.

> just passing on my observation that behaviour changed when I
> switched Ant versions.

But are you using build.sysclasspath=only as well in your experiments?

> Did you run the tests after my patch to Jelly and they still failed?

I'll tell you, as soon as Xerces-J compiles again 8-)

> The Jelly AntTag used to check that a tag name was an Ant Task by
> calling the following...
>
> project.getTaskDefinitions().containsKey( tagName );

I'll look into it, there've been a bunch of changes in that area in
CVS HEAD.

> (rather than Maven which has a very strict hierarchial class loader
> tree)

Does Maven have the equivalent of Ant's build.sysclasspath flag?  I
think this will be a must if we want to use Maven inside Gump.

When you run Ant inside Gump, things are usually pretty easy.  The
only classloader you have is the system classloader.

Stefan