commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Grant] Ant problems
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:32:58 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, bob mcwhirter <bob@werken.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven't tracked ant very closely lately, but if/when it allows us
>> to manage ant properties external to the o.a.t.ant.Project backed by
>> some external structure, then grant itself will become useless.
>
> CVS HEAD should give you that ability, see
> src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/PropertyHelper.java.
>
> Costin has been trying to design his work in a way that will allow you
> to use a different ProjectHelper to do this for 1.5 as well, but I'm
> not sure whether it will actually work that way.

It does - AFAIK.

The code is in ant/proposals/embed - right now embed works _only_ for
ant1.5 ( since 1.6 already has the same or better code ).
It is a ProjectHelper plugin - if you build embed and place it in
ant1.5 CLASSPATH it'll enable support for "dynamic properties", import
and few other features.

The interfaces are not frozen - I'm sure Stefan and other people will review
it and some improvments will happen.

Support for JXPath and Velocity dynamic properties is in proposals/embed -
you can use it as example.

Costin