commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] scope for version 2
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:03:51 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 scolebourne@btopenworld.com wrote:

> >  from:    Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com>
>
> > Changes to existing classes:
> >
> > In exception, new methods were added to ExceptionUtils. A protected
> >   attribute was removed.
> What was this??

CAUSE_METHOD_PARAMS[] was removed.
WRAPPED_MARKER was added, it's package level.

addCauseMethodName(String)
printRootCauseStackTrace(Throwable, PrintStream)
printRootCauseStackTrace(Throwable)
printRootCauseStackTrace(Throwable, PrintWriter)
getRootCauseStackTrace(Throwable);String
getStackFrameList(Throwable);String

> > StringUtils gained 3 new methods:
> >  'unescape, uncapitaliseAllWords and isWhitespace'.
> >  The signature on defaultString(String) and defaultString(String, String)
> >  was loosened to defaultString(Object) and defaultString(Object, String).
>
> One thing we should do is add a scope.html file to each package to
> define the scope of each package.

+1. Or it should be a part of the package.html for each package.

Hen