commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [dbutils][OT]Test case approach
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:54:39 GMT

It's a hypothetical example of mine :)

There are some 'bugs' in Oracle's driver.

Ones I know of:

TIMESTAMP fields in the db are painful to work with without using Oracle's
specific timestamp class. This could be fixed to make the
java.sql.Timestamp map to Oracle's TIMESTAMP properly.

Getting Primary Keys for a table. The last column throws an Exception, so
you have to make sure you don't get the last column out of the primary key
result set.

ResultSet.isLast is not implemented.

By wrapping the real oracle driver in a bugfix driver that dealt with the
above and more, I could ignore the bugs and pretend I have a working
driver :) At the moment I just code around the bugs.

Hen