commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [collections] ComparableComparator executes all comparisons twice!?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:03:51 GMT

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> If we do go to 3.0, then could we delete the deprecated iterators and
> comparators in the main package?

And if this gets chosen as a fine way to do things, could we document it
in the DEV-GUIDE?

ie) Unwanted code is deprecated for the next major or minor release, and
removed in the major release following that.

so:

1.0 -> 2.0, Foo.foo is deprecated
2.0 -> 2.1, Foo.bar is deprecated
2.1 -> 3.0, Foo.foo and Foo.bar are both removed

or if it is such that we just need to do N releases between deprecation
and removal, specify that. Basically get something simple and effective
standardised to stop future debates.

Hen