commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dave.De...@Equifax.com
Subject RE: [dbutils][OT]Test case approach
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:01:02 GMT

Darn!!  ;-{

                      Henri Yandell

                      <bayard@generati         To:      Jakarta Commons Developers List
<commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
                      onjava.com>              cc:

                                               Subject: RE: [dbutils][OT]Test case approach

                      01/24/2003 10:54

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to "Jakarta

                      Commons

                      Developers List"

It's a hypothetical example of mine :)

There are some 'bugs' in Oracle's driver.

Ones I know of:

TIMESTAMP fields in the db are painful to work with without using Oracle's
specific timestamp class. This could be fixed to make the
java.sql.Timestamp map to Oracle's TIMESTAMP properly.

Getting Primary Keys for a table. The last column throws an Exception, so
you have to make sure you don't get the last column out of the primary key
result set.

ResultSet.isLast is not implemented.

By wrapping the real oracle driver in a bugfix driver that dealt with the
above and more, I could ignore the bugs and pretend I have a working
driver :) At the moment I just code around the bugs.

Hen

<bayard@generationjava.com>, "'Jakarta Commons
>                       name>                    Developers List'"
<commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>                                                cc:
>                       01/24/2003 10:08         Subject: RE: [dbutils]
Test case approach

mailto:commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>