commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/graph2 build.xml
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:55:52 GMT
news <news@main.gmane.org> wrote on 03/01/2003 01:34:17 AM:

> dion@apache.org wrote:
> > dion        2003/01/02 05:57:55
> >
> >   Modified:    graph2   build.xml
> >   Log:
> >   regenned
>
> Thanks!
>
> Now we get onto real compile errors.  It appears that graph2 is based on

> nsuml 0.4.20, which is clearly described as obsolete on
> http://nsuml.sourceforge.net/
>
> To recap: maven's DependencyResolver depends on an unreleased sandbox
> component named graph2 which, in turn depends on an obsolete LGPL
library.

> IMHO, as maven moves towards a release, either maven should consider
> severing its dependency on graph2, or graph2 should be upgraded,
> released, and maintained.

Unless it's a big deal moving from 0.4.2 to 1_4, I'll see if I can help
the move along.

I'd rather upgrade graph2 at this point.

I was hoping to get to this before you, but given I'm still running the
'update all' from gump\work (and have for the last 10-11 hrs), it'll have
to wait :)

Now about bootstrapping Maven.

The bootstrap task in Maven currently downloads it's dependencies if it's
in 'online' mode.

I could also hack about the bootstrap task in maven so that we can
override the location of the jars for the classpath, or will gump (by
specifying build.sysclasspath=only) override any classpath
references/elements in the build file?

If that's the case, rather than trying to build all of maven, lets get a
parallel stream running where we can bootstrap it too.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au