commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Time for more mailing lists ?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:35:52 GMT
On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 06:59 PM, Jeffrey Dever wrote:

>> single component mailing lists
>> successful.
>
> I completely disagree.  As the HttpClient 2.0 release prime, I am
> disheartened that you feel that way.

my comment was aimed at the plan to reduce the volume on the main mailing
list by encouraging some components to move onto their own lists (rather
than httpclient itself).

i'm willing to accept that httpclient has proved a great success on it's a
single list. (who's to say whether it would have been more or less
successful if it had stayed on the main mailing list.)

but as a plan for reducing the volume on the main commons list, single
component mailing lists has proved unsuccessful. no other component has
volunteered to move to their own list. whenever a move has been proposed,
it's been rejected by the component's committers.

- robert