commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <apu...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject Re: [vfs]javadoc not showing some classes
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:51:22 GMT

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 11:35  pm, Jeff Barrett wrote:

> There are a number of classes in the VFS project that don't show up in
> javadocs.  This is due to the classes not being declared public.  Not
> sure if this is intentional.

Not familiar with the code but here's my 2c: Nothing wrong with having
non-public classes. Don't expose them if they're not part of the API.
(Nitpick: I wish the Java language used an explicit word rather than no
keyword to make it clear when this case is intentional.)

--
David Kennedy
david.kennedy@dsl.pipex.com