commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Sell <christian.s...@netcologne.de>
Subject [jelly] bug: executing nested scripts from Ant task
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:07:19 GMT
Hello,

I have a jelly script which imports another one. The outer script is
executed from an ANT task through AntTagLibrary. I find that variables
which are defined as ANT properties are not passed into the inner
script, even though inherit=true (default).

The reason is that the JellyContex.getVariable(String) method calls
parent.*findVariable*(String). However, AntJellyContext only overrides
getVariable(String), so it is never called from the inner context.

Should AntJellyContext override *findVariable* also? It seems
questionable to me to have getVariable call findVariable in the first
place. Shouldnt that be getVariable again? And what is the distinction
between the 2 anyway? I would have provided a patch, if there werent so
many questions. James?

- Christian