commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for more mailing lists ?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:25:14 GMT

Henri Yandell wrote:
> I like the idea. Try to define some communities within Commons.
>
> +1

Or spin them off.

Expression languages could make a project themselves.
I'm a bit against deep project hierarchies:

  Apache Jakarta Commons ExpLanguage Jexl...

better with

  Apache Jakarta ExpLanguage Jexl

Actually, in the future it may as well be:

  Apache ExpLanguage Jexl

or

  Apache Commons ExpLanguage Jexl

I'm just throwing in random thoughts, but the bottim line is that I'd
really like these expression language projects to be under a same
project in Jakarta.

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Costin Manolache wrote:
>

>>This has been discussed in the past - but the traffic on commons is
>>getting bigger as we add more very active components.
>>
>>We could split the list based on category - expression languages (jxpath,
>>jexl, jsp-el, etc ), util libraries ( logging, discovery, modeler,
>>collections, etc ).
>>
>>Opinions ? Should we vote ?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -