commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <n...@schof.com>
Subject Re: [lang][patch] StopWatch: Proposed Patch
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:34:45 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:

>Actually, none of the current methods in DateUtils are suitable for a class
>named DateUtils or StopWatch. They are all to do with formatting.
>

>The ISO patterns should be additional styles in FastDateFormat
>Ditto SMTP format

There was some discussion earlier about where all of this is supposed to
go.  We could put some pre-fab formats into FastDateFormat
(FastDateFormatter).  If we did this, DateUtils pretty much goes away
(for now).  That's not necessarily a bad thing.

>formatElapsedTime is not localized and not very generic and dubious as a
>result

I kind of like this method.  It came from the original code we borrowed
from Ant.  When you say not localized do you mean its not locale
specific (ex. not useful for people in non-english countries)?  If so, I
do think you have a point there.

>phase of moon is not generic enough and should be removed

+1