commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Time for more mailing lists ?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:23:30 GMT
How expensive is it to set up a mailing list? Can we have a ton of
those, one per subproject?

If create all of those separate lists, I think we need to keep
"commons-dev" for general discussion regarding the project as a whole.
On the other hand I wonder if there is such a thing as the Commons
project as a whole :-(  At least some subprojects appear to have their
own distinct user and developer communities.  I think we should always
strive to bring those communities together, and a low-volume general
discussion list might help with that.

Regardless of other issues, I am strongly in favor of diverting cvs
messages to a separate list.

- Dmitri