commons-dev mailing list archives

From Herve Quiroz <herve.qui...@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Subject [configuration] Configuration.equals() method
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:27:28 GMT
Hi,

I am currently working on my ProxyConfiguration class (which is a way to
get a "view" of some configuration as we discussed some time ago). Also I
am coding the corresponding unit tests. Lately I thought unit tests would
get simplified if there was a method to detect if two Configuration
objects were identical, that is the key/value pairs are the same in each.

What do you think of having the Configuration.equals(Object o) methods
performs this kind of test when comparing with some other Configuration
object ? I could write it if you want... and with unit tests now that I
have read the JUnit cookbook ;)

Regards,

Herve