commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [beanutils] beanutils 1.6 release plan
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:03:12 GMT

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:30:44 +0000
> From: robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [beanutils] beanutils 1.6 release plan
>
> i think we're about ready for the beanutils 1.6 release, aren't we?
>
> we need a release manager. i asked for volunteers a while ago but there
> were no takers.
>
> so - unless anyone wants to jump in now - i guess that i'll have to give
> it a go. i've never done a release before and i don't have daedelus karma
> so i'll probably need some help and wish me good luck...

There's a useful HOWTO online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases.html

I can do the daedalus stuff, or we can get you a username if you're
planning on do this regularly.

> we need a plan. i'm happy to ship with the current CVS HEAD. anyone have
> any other items that need to be added to the plan?

The only TODO I care about is having the release notes updated with which
bugs have been fixed and which functionality enhancements have been made.
The simple (but sometimes tedious) way to acquire the data is "cvs log" on
all the relevant source files, reviewing the commits since the last tag.

> - robert

Craig