commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Release Issue 1 - dependencies
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:06:43 GMT

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, James Strachan wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:56:13 -0000
> From: James Strachan <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>,
>      morgand@apache.org
> Subject: Re: [Jelly] Release Issue 1 - dependencies
>
> From: "Morgan Delagrange" <mdelagra@yahoo.com>
> > I'm going to try to move at least one taglib (probably
> > http) to a separate build today.  It won't be pretty,
> > but it should be servicable.  For starters, I'm just
> > shooting for something that will compile againt
> > Jelly-core.  Eventually, we'll want to hook up each
> > individual taglib to GUMP with Jelly-core as a
> > dependency and an appropriate sender name for the
> > shame mail, plus documentation, website, etc.
>
> Cool. I'll have some time next week to dive in and help.
>
> We should ultimately be able to share details for each taglib in a similar
> way as to how each maven-built commons project can share project
> information, to avoid cut-n-paste of things across each individual taglib.

This whole issue is why I have some misgivings about Jelly as a commons
component -- the functionality is great, but the dependency matrix for the
libraries is enormous.

How about moving Jelly core *only* to commons proper, and starting a new
"jakarta-jelly-taglibs" (with independent but coordinated builds like
jakarta-taglibs) for all the tag libraries?

> James

Craig