commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Chan, Jesse Rosetta" <jesse_c...@merck.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] jakarta.commons.Collections.ChainedHashMap
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:11:37 GMT
Thanks for the advice, Rich.  I just looked at Jakarta Commons Collections
Package API for MultiMap and MultiHashMap, it appears that MultiMap would be
a good interface for ChainedHashMap to implement.  I have submitted
ChainedHashMap to Jakarta, so obviously the people that make the decisions
can modify it freely :)  It appears that ChainedHashMap already implements
all the methods in the MultiMap interface except the getName method.
(Remember ChainedHashMap extends HashMap).  Just looking at the MulitHashMap
API, it looks as though there is overlap between MultiHashMap and
ChainedHashMap.  However, it looks as though MultiMap is more generic than
ChainedHashMap since it returns a Collection instead of, say, an ArrayList.
Hmmm...

--
Jesse Chan
Software Engineer, LIMS

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.