commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] jakarta.commons.Collections.ChainedHashMap
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 00:27:29 GMT
Rich is correct here. To be included, I would suggest that ChainedHashMap
would need to
- implement MultiMap
- demonstrate sufficient difference from MultiHashMap
- provide a use case for the difference applicable to server side Java

Alternatively, patches to improve MultiHashMap are welcome.

Stephen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chan, Jesse Rosetta" <jesse_chan@merck.com>
To: "'Jakarta Commons Developers List'" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:11 PM
Subject: RE: [SUBMIT] jakarta.commons.Collections.ChainedHashMap

> Thanks for the advice, Rich.  I just looked at Jakarta Commons Collections
> Package API for MultiMap and MultiHashMap, it appears that MultiMap would
be
> a good interface for ChainedHashMap to implement.  I have submitted
> ChainedHashMap to Jakarta, so obviously the people that make the decisions
> can modify it freely :)  It appears that ChainedHashMap already implements
> all the methods in the MultiMap interface except the getName method.
> (Remember ChainedHashMap extends HashMap).  Just looking at the
MulitHashMap
> API, it looks as though there is overlap between MultiHashMap and
> ChainedHashMap.  However, it looks as though MultiMap is more generic than
> ChainedHashMap since it returns a Collection instead of, say, an
ArrayList.
> Hmmm...
>
> --
> Jesse Chan
> Software Engineer, LIMS
> Merck Research Laboratories
> Rosetta Inpharmatics LLC.
> Email: jesse_chan@merck.com

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that
may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this
message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete
it.