commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] Avalonized
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:45:27 GMT
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, James Strachan wrote:
>
> > That sounds cool. One thing we've been meaning to do is to seperate out
the
> > 'variable scopes' from the JellyContext so its easier to plugin your own
> > Scopes easier. e.g. a ServletContext scope, a HttpServletRequest scope,
an
> > Ant project scope etc. This could either be a Map or a Scope interface
with
> > a map like (maybe simpler) interface.
> >
> > http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=JELLY-1
> >
> > Maybe that'd help you pass in the parameter scope and return the results
> > scope or something.
> >

> One example of how to do this is in commons-workflow -- it separates the
> notion of Scope from the notion of Context for pluggability in exactly the
> way you describe.  It's got plugins for servlet API based scopes already
> there as proof of concept.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-workflow/

Thanks Craig I'll take another look. I've been meaning to cast my eye over
commons-workflow again to see how hard/easy it'd be to merge code together
and maybe to create a jelly-ized commons-workflow implementation.

> Wish I had time to help you play with this ...

Me too :-)

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/