commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Bug #14357 Stack trace order
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:33:56 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > I would like to treat this as a bug, and just reverse the order to the
> > 'correct' one (compliant with JDK 1.4 and others).
>
> +1, though I expect the deprecation police to throw a tizzy.

We should release as 2.0 and list the changes. Doing this, we should go
through and check the NullPointerExceptions etc. thrown by our classes,
especially StringUtils. (I changed one today in replace()). If we handle
nulls better then we will increase the value of using [lang].

> > Otherwise, I think that a static setStackOrderHighestToLowest(boolean)
> > method is better than a system property.
>
> Acceptable [as is the property one] but I'd still want to reverse the
> default even if we did add some kind of way to modify the order.
> So it's more a question of: Should we keep the current way in anyway?

Not in my view ;-)

Stephen