commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] Handling of non-string properties occuring multiple times
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:45:16 GMT
"Mark Orciuch" <morciuch@apache.org> writes:

>------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C2A842.FE5ED190

>Currently the string based properties are handled as follows:

>foo.bar = aaa
>foo.bar = bbb

>Configuration object returns "aaa" when using the following call:
>getString("foo.bar"). However, in this scenario:

>foo.bar = 1
>foo.bar = 2

>... calling getInt("foo.bar") will cause ClassCastException because multiple
>instances of the same property are put in a Container object.

Yep. However, the problem is, what happens if you have this

foo.bar = 1
foo.bar = xxx

Your patch is a possible solution. I will clean it up a little
and then commit to the repository. Thanks!

	Regards
		Henning
--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20