commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: [modeler] removing deps ?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:38:12 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

>> We'll not "duplicate" anything - the code to do what we need
>> already exists ( in several forms ), we'll just use it ( adapted
>> to the specific needs ). I don't think it'll be a problem with
>> the duplicated maintainance either - the code we need has been
>> quite stable for a long time and I think people working and using
>> the modeler have enough experience to do maintain this code.
> since when has it been a question of experience? it's just the amount of
> leg work required.
> the introspection code has been stable for some time.
> the reflection code - on the other hand - has proved buggy and unstable.
> (the problem is that the reflection code in java 1.3 doesn't work very
> well.)

I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind ( as problems with reflection ).

I'm familiar with the code in ant and tomcat - and I don't remeber any
serious problem that would affect modeler. I plan to use one of those 2 -
and most of the "leg work" is already done.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message