commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [digester] collections and default for useThreadClassLoader
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:45:52 GMT
In addition to the threadClassLoader: is there any reason for
digester to depend on collections ? I see that it is using FastHashmap
and ArrayStack, but given that it is _parsing_ a file and does a lot
of super-expensive operations, the performance gains from this use are
not significant.

The reason I'm looking into this - I have a lot of problems with tomcat
in JMX mode, some jars need to get into the parent loader and that
brakes a lot of stuff. Modeler depends on digester so I need it in
the top loader - but this drags the whole jakarta-commons.

Same for beanutils ( which is used quite extensively in digester,
and may be needed in modeler as well ).

Costin