commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Ant using commons code/jars
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:08:31 GMT

Is there any need to ask them? They'll either use it or they won't, but in
its current position its of no use to other people. Commons is mainly
tasked with being a repository of useful code from one project for other
projects to use.

Once a piece of code has passed into commons, it is the responsibility of
the maintainers [who should be the original coders, but often aren't] to
focus on strengthening that code for all users and projects, and not just
the originating project.

I may be being a bit bombastic :)

Hen