commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Problems adding something to jakarta-commons-sandbox in CVS?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:27:02 GMT

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Sean Schofield wrote:

> >You need to be an Apache committer at least, and then have Commons karma
> >given, which as far as I know is open to any Apache committer, they just
> >have to request it.
> >
> >Hen
> >
> How do I go about becoming an Apache committer?
>
> - sean

The Jakarta website has some information on it. In the Get Involved... How
to... section.

In simpler terms, you continue the way you're currently going. Submit
fixes and action items as patches, committers then commit your patches for
you. Once you've contributed for a bit [someone submitting patches is a
contributor] through discourse on the mail lists and code patching then
you get nominated for committership.

Later on when you've shown that you get the ASF way and are a part of the
main body of Apache coders, then you get nomination to Apache membership
and can speak as an ASF company member.

Two people you can count on to submit your patches to start with are
myself and Stephen Colebourne [at least for Lang patches]. Anyone on the
Lang STATUS.html file's list of committers should be able to do so though.

Hen