commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [Jelly] Release Issue 1 - dependencies
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 06:35:35 GMT
news <news@main.gmane.org> wrote on 01/01/2003 04:49:41 PM:

> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> I differ on the cause of the first error.  Let me provide as evidence
> for my opinion the following:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-
> commons/cli/src/java/org/apache/commons/cli/Attic/
>
> In particular, note the column marked "Age".

Cool. My bad. I'm upgrading Maven CVS to use the release version of CLI.
That one should be fixed in the next run.

> Now, lets take a look at the gump descriptor for maven:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-
> gump/project/jakarta-turbine-maven.xml?rev=1.9&content-type=text/plain

Ah, I was looking at the descriptor in Maven's CVS. Which was up to date.

> Oh, and by the way, the jakarta-gump repository should now be open to
> all committers.

I've made some changes now I'm aware of it. Thanks.

> In
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-gump/project/jakarta-
> turbine-maven.xml,
> I nine commits, two by rubys, one by donaldp, and five by bodewig.  From

> my  perspective, a number of us *ARE* trying, but I haven't seen much
> cooperation from *any* maven committer.

Well given I wasn't a committer on Gump, it would be hard to see commits
from me.

> But lets not focus on the past.... where should we go from here?

> > From what I can see the constructive steps from here are:
> > 1) Work out why grant, cli and werkz are not being picked up and
included
> > in the compile
> > 2) Get Graph2 gumpified
> > 3) Move the JellyJeezTagLibrary into Maven
> > 4) Split Jelly's taglibs up so that the core build process has fewer
> > dependencies.
>
> I think I've provided you enough info so that you can complete task 1?

I think that issue should now be fixed.

> I'll take task 2.

I can help. I'll generate a gump description if you like in CVS.

> Volunteers for tasks 3 and 4?
>
> And can #4 be done incrementally, with the httpclient taglib done first?

We need to rearrange the source tree to get this happening. I can take a
stab at it if James S. isn't about.

This is progress.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting