commons-dev mailing list archives

Subject [jelly] maven CVS HEAD broken site:generate fix
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:48:44 GMT
I think I've fixed this bug for Windows, but not for Unix/Mac (or any os
with / starting paths).

I didn't want to break the existing behaviour which treats any 'uri'
starting with '/' as a resource, rather than as a file.

I can always put the file check before the resource if this wont break
anything else in jelly.
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

robert burrell donkin <> wrote on
25/12/2002 12:48:07 AM:

> when i rebuilt maven from CVS HEAD, i found that the betwixt
> was broken. i run macOSX and java 1.3.
> i found that the same problem occurred when i tried to execute
> site:generate for maven and so i debugged it there. here's the messages
> containing the exception:
> xdoc:jelly-transform:
>      [echo] Generating
> /Volumes/gSpecials/library/jakarta/jakarta-turbine-
> maven/target/docs/changelog.html from
> /Volumes/gSpecials/library/jakarta/jakarta-turbine-
> maven/target/generated-xdocs/changelog.xml
> [ERROR] /Volumes/gSpecials/library/jakarta/jakarta-turbine-
> maven/Volumes/gSpecials/library/jakarta/jakarta-turbine-
> maven/xdocs/navigation.xml (No such file or directory) Nested exception:

> library/jakarta/jakarta-turbine-maven/xdocs/navigation.xml (No such file

> or directory)
> i tracked the problem down to the plugin.jelly for the xdocs plug in.
> navigation file is searched for in various locations and ends up with an

> absolute path. it's then passed into a parse tag from the jelly xml
> library. this assumes that all paths starting with a '/' are relative to

> the jelly context base directory. that would seem to explain the
> above.
> the attached patch create the path into a proper file URL. it fixed the
> problem for me. i can't think of a good way to test this so i haven't
> created a test case.
> - robert
> [attachment "plugin.patch" deleted by dIon Gillard/Multitask
Consulting/AU] --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:turbine-maven-dev-
> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:turbine-maven-dev-
> ForwardSourceID:NT0009C016

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message