commons-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: [jelly] [latka] Plugin for Maven
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:30:46 GMT
Morgan Delagrange <> wrote on 13/12/2002 03:44:26 AM:

> This is pretty cool.  I assume it uses the latest,
> Jelly-driven version of Latka?  The new code seems
> pretty stable, but it could use more testing.
:) Yep, using a snapshot of Latka I built when I made the plugin. There
were a couple of assumptions the old code made, but it is still pretty

I'll be giving it a good hammering in the next couple of weeks. We're
going to be using it solidly on a dev project.

> On a side note, the old Latka implementation
> automatically checked to make sure all variables were
> defined.  We can't do that in quite the same way now
> that our "variables" have been replaced by JEXL
> expressions.  Any suggestions on what to replace it
> with?  I suppose we could write a new tag that could
> verify the existence of variables...

empty() is supposed to do it, but jexl has some problems with dotted
variables. It'd be nice if jexl were fixed :)

I think James Strachan wrote a test case to show the broken bits. James?

dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting