commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [email] Tasks before promotion
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:08:13 GMT
"Stephen Colebourne" <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote on 17/12/2002
08:07:38 PM:

> Henri wrote:
> > i)   Does it have a suitable level of javadoc. Not enough for an
actual
> >      release, but the bare minimum.
> > ii)  Does it have maturity. That is, has it spent some time in the
sandbox
> >      while the developers use it, modified versions or extended
versions
> >      in other projects.
> > iii) Does the project contain enough in the way of Unit Tests to show
that
> >      the developers are serious about testing.
> > iv)  Is there a community, or is it a single developer. Does it have
link
> >      to another project which will show a scope for its community
growth.
> > v)   Does it have a webpage yet?
>
> [email] needs unit tests
+1.

It already has one. See http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/email/

> [email] needs evidence of more than one commons committer willing to
apply
> patches/support.
So far we've had Jon, Sam and myself jumping in. Is that not more than
one?

> [email] needs to change its package name or component name (the package
is
> mail not email)
+1.

> I agree that its time to get this one promoted.
This will require a promotion of util, wont it? If email is to go to
Commons Proper, and it depends on util and an unreleased lang, don't we
need to get all three in a ready state?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au