commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [modeler] removing deps ?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:41:58 GMT
On Sunday, December 8, 2002, at 07:09 AM, Costin Manolache wrote:

<snip>

> We'll not "duplicate" anything - the code to do what we need
> already exists ( in several forms ), we'll just use it ( adapted
> to the specific needs ). I don't think it'll be a problem with
> the duplicated maintainance either - the code we need has been
> quite stable for a long time and I think people working and using
> the modeler have enough experience to do maintain this code.

since when has it been a question of experience? it's just the amount of
leg work required.

FYI

the introspection code has been stable for some time.

the reflection code - on the other hand - has proved buggy and unstable.
(the problem is that the reflection code in java 1.3 doesn't work very
well.)

- robert