commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils][digester] about time for a release?
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:56:48 GMT
On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 11:09 PM, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:33:42 +0000
>> From: robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
>> To: Jakarta Commons Developers <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>> Subject: [beanutils][digester] about time for a release?
>>
>> isn't it about time for new releases for beanutils and digester?
>
> I went through last weekend and snuffed most of the bugs against these.  I
> think we need to decide what to do about:
>
> 15067 [BeanUtils] BasicDynaBean, BasicDynaClass not Serializable

(you fixed this one)

> 15170 [BeanUtils] BeanUtils.setProperty doesn't convert primitive wrappers

i can't see a reason not to make this change. can you enlighten me?

> before finalizing a release plan.  In addition, there's some outstanding
> enhancement requests:
>
>  7135 [BeanUtils] Misleading error message ...

i had a look at this before and couldn't work out a good way to do this.

>  7226 [BeanUtils] Nested bean collection

no opinion

> 13098 [Digester] Digester performance

i'm -0 but scott has always been very keen. i no longer have any strong
objections if someone wants to commit it.

> 14848 [BeanUtils] ConvertUtils is not (thread)safe -- actually an
>       issue of the static collections, not thread safety

i think that this needs to be left until the next release. it would open
up a lot of exciting possibilities but i think we owe people a bug fix
release first.

> and one change I don't think should be implemented, but I owe the reporter
> a test case to prove that it would break many current Digester users:
>
> 12997 [Digester] Call the method as soon as the last parameter is
>       encountered

+1

- robert