commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] time for an alpha release?
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 23:09:11 GMT
On Monday, December 23, 2002, at 07:26 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> betwixt has been in the commons proper for some time now but has not yet
>> had a release.
>
> +1. I've heard good things of the project and I think it would help
> betwixt's word of mouth advertising.

there a whole lot of work that needs doing on betwixt. so hopefully it won'
t become too popular too quickly. any help gratefully received :)

the big problem at the moment is that the internal design is confused and
difficult to learn. this makes it hard to learn how to create patches for
betwixt. (even me and martin who are supposed to know the code find it
difficult to work with betwixt.)

>> comments anyone?
>>
>> and james - i don't have daedelus karma anymore. would you be willing to
>> act as release manager (when the time comes)?
>
> If James' is too busy, I can offer to help with the file-handling.

thanks :)

what would be very useful would right now is if the documentation on the
website could be refreshed by running a maven (CVS HEAD version) site
deploy for betwixt. (it's been two months since it was last refreshed.)

- robert