commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils][digester] about time for a release?
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 19:28:03 GMT
On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 08:09 PM, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> OK, I've finished my changes to these packages, and am satisfied that they
> are ready for a release.  The only outstanding Bugzilla report that is not
> an enhancement request is 12997, and I just need to finish up a test case
> that emulates the behavior of many existing Digester customers (and
> illustrates why the proposed change would not be backwards compatible).
> That's not something that needs to hold up releasing these two.

good work :)

i still can't run the unit tests for beanutils due to that java 1.3
problem deserializing primative type classes so i can't do much checking
myself but if you've happy, i'm happy.

there is one more matter that i think should be considered. we've had
several requests to make MethodUtils.getMatchingAccessibleMethod(). you
know my opinions on the current MethodUtils API but i don't really think
that adding this method will make things worse than they are already.
should this be made public?

- robert