commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van Dijken" <mvdij...@madocke.nl>
Subject DBCP tracking stale connections?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:11:30 GMT
Hey gang,

I know I should ask this question on users, but bear with me a second. Does DBCP track and
terminate connections which have been idle so long that they are killed by the DBMS?

The reason I ask, is that after 8 hours of inactivity on a website(and thus DBconnections)
mysql considers connections to be lost and kills them. After that the website fails to work.
All connections throw IOExceptions telling me that no connection could be established.

Love to hear from ya,

Martin van Dijken