commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] i'd like to contribute - here's my new feature idea
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:31:20 GMT
hi sean

(if i've understood you right) then i think that this functionality exists
already (or very nearly does).

take a look at the ObjectCreateRule(String classname, String attributeName)
. this will create an object who class name is given in an attribute of
the xml. at the moment, you have to specify a class name (which is used as
a default class to construct if the attribute isn't present) but it should
be very easy to create a patch which eases this restriction.

but don't let that put you off if you think you have a better solution.

if you still want to get involved, make sure you've browsed and read the
relevant pages on the jakarta website. here's a brief list of urls (not
comprehensive).

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/volunteering.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html