commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Release Issue 1 - dependencies
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:41:22 GMT
Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> Yes, it's definitely a full-fledged application, like
> Latka and Catcus.  Ripe for promotion, should someone
> volunteer to make it happen, call the vote, help with
> the repackaging, rippling GUMP failures, etc.

Rippling GUMP failures?  It is not like anything which has a dependency
on Jelly has seen any any gump builds for months or anything.

I certainly will help in any way I can, but fter that point I really
would like to see Jelly manage its dependencies by actually taking
integration errors seriously and reacting in a timely fashion, instead
of merely reacting to changes when the possibility of a release.

A chain of dependencies are only as strong as its weakest link.

Address that and I would be +1 to a jakarta-jelly.

- Sam Ruby