commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <n...@schof.com>
Subject [lang] FastDateFormat questions
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:26:14 GMT
Here's where I am at with FastDateFormat.  I changed the package name
(to org.apache.commons.lang.time.)  I also pulled down the source code
for Pair that it required.  I noticed that Pair seemed like the
DefaultMapEntry in commons-collections (am I wrong?)  Is commons-lang
allowed to have dependencies with commons-collections or should we try
to avaoid that?  (My guess is you will say avoid.)

I'm thinking of making Pair just an inner class for FastDateFormat since
we probably don't need it elsewhere.  Perhaps there is an existing java
class that I am not aware of that could replace it entirely?

Finally, I wrote a few unit tests for FastDateFormat.  Once we resolve
the Pair issue I'd like to submit FastDateFormat and FastDateFormatTests
to be added to CVS.  Do we need all of the unit tests to be complete
before adding?  There are a lot to write and I know Eric, and others are
also volunteering to help here.

- sean