commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.R...@dlr.de
Subject Re: [lang] DateUtils
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:15:52 GMT
If my time allows I will take a ditch on it. I will search for
some examples to see if someone has taken the right approach,
otherwise I will take the SimpleDateFormat APIdoc specification
and start from there. But my time scale for this would be at
present about a month... Anyone out there with the same itch
but more urgent?

Is there someone that believes we should use javacc or antlr
grammars for the format string? Or should I write a hand parser
(I've done this many times before) to do the parsing and
formatting?

We should include several format strings for the standards
(ISO, IEEE, some RFCs, etc.). The JDK classes could still
be used for the locale specific formating.

Is this fine?

--
:) Christoph Reck