commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <n...@schof.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Has anyone thought about a TimeUtils package?
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:23:19 GMT

>Just to get it in quick. -1 to ripping source from the JDK. Licenses bite
>our arses too quickly when you get near here so it's not something ASF can
>do.

I thought that might be a problem.  No biggy we can just do our own.

>I'm starting to want a time sub-package as this gets larger :) Once it
>hits 3 classes or so.
>
>Hen

I was thinking about this too.  For now I was thinking that the new
DateFormater could be an inner class but that we'd probably want to open
it up to everybody eventually.  If that happens, I would agree that
subpackage becomes more appropriate.

- sean