commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <n...@schof.com>
Subject Re: [lang] DateUtils
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:18:55 GMT
Still haven't had a chance to review CalendarUtils.  In the meantime,
here are my thoughts on the existing DateUtils methods:

1) Eliminate getPhaseOfMoon( ) as has already been suggested.  (I wonder
how the Ant guys were planning on using that)  ;-)

2) Rename getDateForHeader( ) to getSmtpDate( ) or something more
descriptive.

3) createDateFormat( ) should return our new thread-safe DateFormat
(maybe this will be an inner class for now?)

Also, TestCalendarUtils is using deprecated version of Date constructor.
 We can fix those once we decide what we're going to do with CalendarUtils.

What are other peoples thoughts on this and on CalendarUtils?

- sean