commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <n...@schof.com>
Subject Re: DateUtils Planning, WAS: [lang] Has anyone thought about a TimeUtils package?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:00:09 GMT

>*grin* Always dangerous to announce early. Can't tell how many times it's
>bitten me. [No.. I can't tell. It'd be embaressing].

I did actually think I had commited without a problem (JBuilder told me
the commits were successful but once I turned on the option to see
console output I saw a failure message.)

>Merge CalendarUtils + DateUtils into a common concept, be it in many
>classes or not. Continue to discuss on the Dev list about such thigns as:
>Should there be a TimestampUtils or a TimeUtils, and is it i18n friendly
>enough?

This is the plan.  Can we go ahead and add the new version of DateUtils now?

>Rely on Stephen Colebourne's experience from JODA Dates a lot and try to
>keep the Lang date component short and snappy.

Definitely planning on that.

>Embrace the concept of "No Religion", that is, any Java developer should
>find your date code useful and not just the ones who are prepared to do
>things your particular way.

Well said.  Thanks for the suggestions.