commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Coté <...@experian.fr>
Subject Re: [CLI]: ParseException:Unrecognized option: -p
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:24:36 GMT
Hi,

> Yeap I agree with you, the user documentation on each parser needs
> to be improved.  Unfortunately documentation is not my forté so any
> submissions on this front are most welcome :-)

I did some thing trying to reverse engineer the parser, but I don't know
if the behavior I have are expected.  I got the following error trying
to run the ls test (from ApplicationTest) with a GnuParser or a
BasicParser.

org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option:
--block-size=10
	at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.processOption(Parser.java:253)
	at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:170)
	at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:114)
	at org.apache.commons.cli.ApplicationTest.doTestLs(ApplicationTest.java:53)
	at
org.apache.commons.cli.ApplicationTest.testLsGnu(ApplicationTest.java:63)
	at
	at

Does all parser support long options?

--