commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Morpher] status of the project
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:25:30 GMT

Tomasz Pik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to look at Morpher codebase in Jakarta CVS
> because it looks like something I'm currently looking for.
> First I'd like to ask, if there's any work on this (it looks
> like CVS is untouched since some months)?

Currently it's not being actively developed, but the reasons why it
started are still there and it's still needed. If you want to
help-contribute, I'd be very happy :-)

> I also want to ask if anybody knows about 'morphers'
> outisde main Morpher CVS tree (maybe for text/xml+svs -> image/*
> using Batik Transcoder API?

No, there are not, but the Batik Transcoder is one of the systems that
Morphos intends to use. In this way users could use Morphos as an API
and underneath have Batik, Cocoon blocks, etc...

Andrew C. Oliver (acoliver at apache.org) is very interested in it and
wants to start developing on it too BTW. If you have further questions,
don't hesitate to ask :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -