commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [configuration] XmlConfiguration
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:25:10 GMT

Kelvin Tan wrote:
> I've noticed XmlConfiguration to be unimplemented for awhile now. Is
> there any intention to do something about it?
> I have a basic implementation using dom4j and am willing to
> contribute it if someone's interested...
> BaseConfiguration is populated by keys in the XML file when
> initialized. The mutator methods are intercepted by XmlConfiguration
> to modify the Document as well. These changes can be set to
> auto-persist, without a need to call save() explicitly. Element
> attributes can be accessed via X.Y.Z[@attribute].
> I haven't really dissected BaseConfiguration, so there may be some
> stuff I'm unaware of regarding impedance mismatching  bet
> BaseConfiguration and a possible xml implementation, but for what I
> use it for, it works for me.

In the Ant codebase, in the proposals/embed dir, ther is a task that
uses jxpath for configuration. JXPath can make use of more things than
just XML, and is thus much more flexible, and has xpath support.
I'd take a look at that file and give that a shot for config.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>