commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][collections] Functors, dependency from collections to lang
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:44:05 GMT
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> I am assuming that this is a majority vote with at least 3 +1s from
> [collections] committers (please correct me if this is wrong).

I think this proposal would be more accurately considered a product change
(it removes public classes from a released component and adds a new
dependency to a released component, arguably it changes the scope of two
released components) and hence would require [lazy] consensus approval.
I.e., this is a veto-able action.

<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html>

I'm also a bit suprised by the contents of this proposal, it seems to
contradict my perception of the recent [fucntor] discussion.